Saturday 26 February 2011

Project Update

In a previous blog I showed you some of the things I was making-over for my daughters bedroom........

There was the pine chest of drawers which was white and now....


Then the Dunelm Mill storage chest which was cream with painted flowers.............

And now the cheap e-bay screen..............ah wait a minute, I need to explain that this is still a (slow) work in progress.....
I am glueing square scraps of wallpaper onto the frame. They are just hanging over the inside edge, because then I am going to attach the pink gingham material to hide this........I have just held the material on it below to give you an idea of how it will look....
 

And finally the hallway.  This, again, is still a work in progress(literally - so please ignore the decorating stuff) but we are getting there.......

It still needs a third coat tomorrow but so nice to see that the orange is finally hidden!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
-x-

5 comments:

  1. See - when the holes are filled you can hardly see them! :-)

    Are you going to paint the inside of the front door white? We did that in our old house and the difference it made was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been working hard! Hall looking good. Love the heart on your door x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been very busy! Looks like its all going to be fabulous :o) So excited you're up for the 20p challenge, should give us all a bit of fun for the week, let me know how you get on :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments - Im in Hampshire, must admit I do tend to sometimes travel to towns where there are more elderly peeps so I can check out the vintage stuff in their shops - lol. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your stairs, I can't wait to see the finished look, I need ideas cos my stairs need painting. Had new spindles fitted but that's as far as I got lol.

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete